Cupping for Manual Therapists – 2 day training
The first day of our Cupping for manual Therapists program is an 8 hours in length, and designed to provide an overview of cupping.
What you get:
- Lecture on the history of cupping
- Introduction to the various styles of cupping, and their uses (wet and dry cupping)
- Instruction on the clinical application of cupping
- Instruction on the indications, contraindications, and cautions for cupping
- Information on proper cleaning and disinfection methods from the World Health Organization standards
- Demonstration on the use of glass (fire), plastic, and silicone cups
- Instruction on the use of plastic and silicone cups
- Instruction on 7 kinds of cupping
Dynamic Cupping Techniques. On the second day, we will move deeper into the theories behind why we use particular cupping techniques, and their expected outcomes.
What you get:
- differentiating excess and deficient, heat and cold, wind and stagnation conditions with cupping therapy
- cupping protocols for treating colds and lung conditions
- using cupping to treat myofascial conditions
- advanced techniques in gliding, stationary, and fast/hold and release cupping
- treatment protocols for shoulder conditions
- treatment protocols for lower back, hip, and IT band issues
- treating digestive and menstrual disorders
- facial cupping
Cupping therapy has been used for thousands of year throughout Europe and Asia. It is an effective tool to increase circulation of blood and lymph, as well as release tension in both the muscular and fascial system.
Dynamic Cupping Techniques are a unique approach to cupping therapy that incorporates all three of the main cupping techniques, as well as adding dynamic movement of the body. Clients are taken through a series of movements to release tension in the muscles, tendons, fascia, and joints to improve circulation, increase joint function, and eliminate pain.
Requirements: you must be a Registered Health Practitioner, or have a minimum 50 hours training in anatomy and physiology and an understanding of the body systems.
- Participants receive our 70 page practice manual
- A set of 6 silicone cups
- A Certificate of completion, and CEU certificate for your respective College or Association Louisiana, New York State, NCBTMB